Magical Week in North East
Plan a 7 day trip to Shillong & Cherrapunji and spend your days experiencing the beauty of Meghalaya & the comforts of Hotel Polo Towers & Polo Orchid Resort
Travel options to Shillong 1. Direct flights available from Kolkata to Shillong. 2. Direct flights to Guwahati from Kolkata, Delhi, Bengaluru, Ahmedabad, Chennai & Bhubaneswar. Followed by an approximately 3-hour drive to Shillong from Guwahati Airport.
Here’s an ideal 7-day itinerary of Shillong & Cherrapunjee:
Explore Hotel Polo Towers Shillong
• Start off the first day of your trip with a late breakfast.
• If you reach late, enjoy a delicious brunch or lunch at Ginger.
• Stay-in & relax in the comfort of your luxurious room.
• Rejuvenate yourself with a spa treatment at the Zen Spa.
• Grab a mouth-watering dinner and drinks under the stars at Sky Grill.
• Kick start your day with a hearty breakfast in bed.
• Visit the oldest & largest market in all of North-East, the bustling Bara Bazar.
• Grab lunch at Ginger.
• Shop from a variety of local handlooms, bamboo & cane artefacts, and cotton & silk products from Police Bazar.
• Indulge in some of the finest cocktails & bar snacks at the Irish Pub.
• Enjoy numerous grilled delights & more at Sky Grill, for dinner.
Adventure & Sightseeing
• Get an early breakfast.
• Followed by a trek to the David Scott Trail.
• Enjoy local delicacies on the way to your next destination.
• Visit the Elephant falls.
• Go boating at the Umiam Lake also known as Bara Pani.
• Return to hotel & freshen up with a dose of sugar & caffeine at the Cupcake Factory.
• End the day with a delicious dinner at Sky Grill.
Get an early start to the fourth day of your trip with a quick breakfast followed by an approximately 2 hours’ drive to Polo Orchid Resort, Cherrapunji from Hotel Polo Towers, Shillong
You can also break for breakfast at the Woodstock Farmhouse & Café on the way to Polo Orchid Resort, if you wish to get the high way meal experience.
Exploring Polo Orchid Resort
• Treat yourself to a delicious brunch spread at Sohra House & Bar on arrival.
• Attend a bartending class and know your drinks.
• Stay-in & borrow board games while you relax.
• Watch the sunset by the infinity pool.
• Enjoy a customized menu & champagne at Sky Grill for an early dinner.
• Have a unique experiential breakfast by the waterfall.
• Visit the Nohkalikai Falls.
• Followed by trekking to the Arwah Cave.
• Return to resort for lunch at Sohra House & Bar.
• Spend your late-afternoon time at the Eco Park.
• End your day with dinner, accompanied by a bonfire at the Sky Grill.
Get ready for a day of exploring & some adventure, after a hearty breakfast.
• Start your day with breakfast at any place you wish.
• Take the challenging trek across the Double Decker Living Root Bridge.
• Refuel with packed lunch provided by the resort, by the Rainbow Falls nearby.
• Visit the Mawsmai Caves. • Return to resort & enjoy a relaxing soak in the infinity pool.
• Call for in-room dining service as you unwind after a long day of activities.
Resort Activities and Experiences
• Have a floating breakfast by the infinity pool, with views of the valley.
• Drive to Dawki River to go boating on its crystal clear waters.
• Have a picnic lunch by the waterfalls when you return.
• Spend a relaxed afternoon in with board games.
• Go cycling around the premises.
• Plan a lovely candlelit dinner under the stars, by the infinity pool.
You may opt for the personal drop service to the airport & we could even provide packed lunch for your way back home.
Plan your next trip to Meghalaya to witness beautiful sights,have memorable experiences & indulge in the comfort & luxury of Hotel Polo Towers Shillong & Polo Orchid Resort Cherrapunjee.